How to share an Internet connection in Windows 7 over PPPoE with no router and with an Ethernet cable going straight into the respective PC and when the PPPoE dial is done by the Ethernet cable connected PC.
Procedure to follow
In case there is no PPPoE Internet connection set up already, then you go in the Tray Bar near the clock, right click and select Open Network and Sharing Center and further down the page left click on Set up a new connection or network > Connect to the Internet > Next > Create a new connection > Broadband (PPPoE) where you key in the ISP’s credentials then save the connection.
Again open Open Network and Sharing Center where from the left menu choose Change adapter settings > right click to the new PPPoE connection > Properties > left click on the Sharing tab and tick on Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
From Open Network and Sharing Center left click on Set up a new connection or network and from the new opened window left click on Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network > click Next where in this new window you key in the settings details for the new so called Wireless router hosted on the PC in question.
Incoming search terms:
- share pppoe connection windows 7 (38)
- how to share pppoe internet connection (21)
- how to share a pppoe internet connection with windows 7 (19)
- sharing pppoe connection windows 7 (10)
- pppoe internet sharing (7)
- share pppoe internet connection windows 7 (5)
- how to share pppoe internet connection in win 8 (2)
- how to share internet with pppoe (2)
- share pppoe connection over wifi from windows 7 (1)
- share internet with pppoe xp and 7 (1)