Error “Your network connection must have IPv6 enabled to create or join a homegroup” when trying to join a Homegroup in Windows 7.
This can happen if
IPv6 is disabled on Windows 7 or on the specific LAN/Wireless interfaces
Peer Network Group Service is disabled or not started
PNRP Machine Name Publication Service is disabled or not started
To resolve the problem:
For a start, check if IPv6 is enabled on the network interface.
1.Click Start – Control Panel – Network and Internet – Network and Sharing Center
2. In the left panel, click “Change adapter settings“.Right-click the network adapter and right-click and choose “properties” and check if “Internet Protocol Version 6″ is selected. If not selected, select and click Apply and OK.
If this doesn’t help, enable IPv6 from Windos registry as follows:
1. Click Start - Search and type “regedit”. This launches the Windows Registry.
2. In the registry, navigate to the following registry key
3. In the right pane, right-click and select New – DWORD (32-bit value), set its name as “DisabledComponents” and set its value as “0?
4. Restart your PC for changes to take effect.
If the above didn’t help then chances are the required services are not running. Check and enable the following services:
Peer Network Group Service
PNRP Machine Name Publication Service
1. Click Start – type services in the search box. This should launch the services management console.
2.Look for Peer Network Group Service and start the service if not started. Also, make the service to launch automatically at system startup (if not already) by right-click the service and choose properties. Set Startup type to “Automatic”
3. Look for the service “PNRP Machine Name Publication Service” and perform the steps above.
This should help. If it still has a problem. Try disabling your firewall and antivirus software one at a time to check if they are causing the problem.
Incoming search terms:
- ipv6 error (25)
- your network connection must have ipv6 enabled to create or join a homegroup (19)
- how to enable ipv6 in windows 7 homegroups (14)
- how to enable ipv6 windows 7 homegroup (11)
- your network connection must have ipv6 enabled (7)
- your network must have ipv6 enabled (2)
- your network connection must have ipv6 (2)
- cara enable ipv6 untuk homegroup windows 7 (1)
- will mwsnap work with windows 8 (1)
- trying to join a homegroup but it says ipv6 is not enabled when it is (1)