If you have a Network drive mapped onto your Windows 7 system, it may prompt you enter the password everytime the system is rebooted even if the “Save Password” is selected.
This is a known problem from previous versions of Windows (seen in Windows XP as well)
To resolve (rather workaround) the problem try the command line option as follows:
net use z: “\\server\path\to\share” /persistent:no /user:
where for Z: is the drive to which it is mapped to.
C:User\sai> net use z: “\\server\path\to\share” /persistent:no /user:winref_user mypassword”
This should help. This should also work on Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008/2003.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 network drive password (10)
- password for network drive (2)
- windows domain mapped drive prompts for password (2)
- windows 7 is not remembering network drive username password (2)
- windows 7 enter network password after restart (2)
- enter network password windows 7 (2)
- windows 7 not saving password for mapped network drive (2)
- windows 7 not remember network drive password (1)
- windows 7 not saving network passwords (1)
- windows 7 network password (1)