“Because of a protocol error, this session will be disconnected. please try connecting to the remote computer again”
You may find that you can connect to this system from a Windows Vista or a Windows XP computer.
I haven’t seen a bug reported or assigned for this problem in Windows 7. But, a quick workaround would be rename the file c:\system32\mstscax.dll file on your Windows 7 computer and copy the file from a Windows Vista system.
If you do not have access to a Windows Vista PC, click here to download the file and upload to your PC (c:\windows\system32)
Incoming search terms:
- code 0x1304 (42)
- because of a protocol error this session will be disconnected windows 7 (35)
- Because of a protocol error this session will be disconnected (32)
- remote desktop protocol error windows 7 (19)
- protocol error 0x1304 (18)
- because of protocol error this session will be disconnected windows 7 (17)
- remote desktop connection protocol error windows 7 (16)
- because of a protocol error detected at the client 0x1304 (15)
- rdp protocol error (14)
- mstscax dll windows 7 (13)