Recently, on my new HTC Touch HD Windows Mobile, I somehow managed to set Opera to be the default browser. As one would expect, resetting IE back to the default browser is not as simple as that. There is no option in Opera or on Internet Explorer to set/unset the browser to defaults. There are few programs that I have which doesn't work well with Opera and IE is the only browser that works OK.
Even more a problem is that Opera changes a a whole lot of registry keys to make itself a default browser making it even more a pain.
Ok. Now, here is the good news, khaytsus, at xda-developers.com forum has provided a provided a cab file which can make the whole process of resetting the registry keys to make IE the default browser.
Click here to download “FixIE.cab“. Unforunately, this requires you to register to the forum to download the file. Upload file to your Windows Mobile phone and click it to run the CAB file. This should reset Internet Explorer as a default browser.
Incoming search terms:
- windows mobile default browser (11)
- internet explorer mobile (3)
- windows phone default browser (2)
- reset ie default browser gpo (1)
- reset internet explorer phone (1)
- reset the Internet explorer on windows mobile (1)
- resetting internet explorer on windows ce (1)
- touch explorer as default (1)
- windows ce 5 0 reset ie settings (1)
- windows ce reset browser (1)