When you run the Indexing Service on a Windows Server 2003-based computer, the Indexing Service does not index documents. When you query the catalog, no search results are returned. Additionally, the following event is logged in the Application log:
Event ID: 4127
Content Index location could not be initialized. Code: 2147942405 Catalog.wci could not be Initialized.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1.Make sure that the SYSTEM account has the Full Control permission for the Catalog.wci file.
2.Make sure that the SYSTEM account has the Full Control permission for the hard disk drive. In most scenarios, the hard disk drive is drive C.
3.Make sure that the SYSTEM account has the Read permission for all the Web files and for all the Web folders that you want to index.
Incoming search terms:
- catalog wci could not be initialized (4)
- content index on error 2147942487 (2)
- content index on c:\inetpub\catalog wci could not be initialized (2)
- error: index server controller is not initialized (2)
- indexing service not indexing (2)
- catalog wci (2)
- wci files windows server 2008 (1)
- system does indexing catalog (1)
- server 2008 index server returning no results (1)
- repair catalog / wci error code 3221225477 (1)