We have already discussed about how to setup DHCP server in win server 2003.In this tutorial we will see how to change the DHCP server default database path this is very useful if your c: drive is running out of space you can move this database in to other drives.
Procedure to follow
- Click Start, click Settings, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click DHCP.
- From DHCP/applicable DHCP server – click the applicable DHCP server
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- In Server Properties, click the Advanced tab, select Database path, and then delete the default database path (default DHCP server database path located at C:\WINDOWS\System32\Dhcp).
- Type the path you prefer, or click Browse to select a folder location.
Incoming search terms:
- change default dhcp server (8)
- windows xp change dhcp server (6)
- change dhcp database location (4)
- how to move dhcp database to different path (2)
- windows change defaul dhcp server (2)
- how to change DHCP Server xp (1)
- how to change prefered dhcp server (1)
- how to set preferred dhcp server (1)
- move dhcp database folder (1)
- windows 2003 changing the path of dhcp database (1)