This procedure includes changing all appropriate TCP/IP values, including preferred and alternate DNS servers, as well as WINS servers (if appropriate).
Note: If you change the static IP address of a domain controller, you must also change related TCP/IP settings accordingly.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Domain Admins group in the domain of the domain controller whose IP address you are changing.
To change the static IP address of a domain controller follow this procedure
1.Log on locally to the domain controller whose IP address you want to change.
2.On the desktop, right-click My Network Places and then click Properties.
3.In the Network Connections dialog box, right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
4. In the Local Area Connection Properties dialog box, double-click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
5.In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties dialog box, in the IP address box, type the new address.
6.In the Subnet mask box, type the subnet mask.
7.In the Default gateway box, type the default gateway.
8.In the Preferred DNS server box, type the address of the DNS server that this computer contacts.
9.In the Alternate DNS server box, type the address of the DNS server that this computer contacts if the preferred server is unavailable.
10.If this domain controller uses WINS servers, click Advanced and then, in the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog box, click the WINS tab.
11.If an address in the list is no longer appropriate, click the address, and then click Edit.
12.In the TCP/IP WINS Server dialog box, type the new address, and then click OK.
13.Repeat steps 11 and 12 for all addresses that need to be changed, and then click OK twice to close the TCP/IP WINS Server dialog box and the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog box.
14.Click OK to close the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties dialog box.
Incoming search terms:
- domain controller ip address change 2008 (2)
- add static ip to windows server 2008 (1)
- domain controller change ip address (1)
- how do you change the IP address on a Windows 2003 domain controller (1)
- how to change domain controller IP (1)
- how to change ip address win 2008 (1)
- how to change ip adress in wind2008 (1)
- how to change ip to static in windows server 2003 (1)
- ip address for domain controller (1)
- what happends if you change a ipaddress of a windows 2003 domain controller (1)