We have already discussed how to install win server 2003 active directory with DNS now we will see how to create a new child domain in a forest.
To create a new child domain follow this procedure
- Click Start, click Run, and then type dcpromo to start the Active Directory Installation Wizard.
- On the Operating System Compatibility page, read the information and then click Next.
If this is the first time you have installed Active Directory on a server running Windows Server 2003, click Compatibility Help for more information.
- On the Domain Controller Type page, click Domain controller for a new domain, and then click Next.
- On the Create New Domain page, click Child domain in an existing domain tree, and then click Next.
- On the Network Credentials page, type the user name, password, and user domain of the user account you want to use for this operation, and then click Next.
The user account must be a member of the Enterprise Admins group.
- On the Child Domain Installation page, verify the parent domain and type the new child domain name, and then click Next.
- On the NetBIOS Domain Name page, verify the NetBIOS name, and click Next.
- On the Database and Log Folders page, type the location in which you want to install the database and log folders, or click Browse to choose a location, and then click Next.
- On the Shared System Volume page, type the location in which you want to install the Sysvol folder, or click Browse to choose a location, and then click Next.
- On the DNS Registration Diagnostics page, verify the DNS configuration settings are accurate, and then click Next.
- On the Permissions page, select one of the following:
• Permissions compatible with pre-Windows 2000 server operating systems
• Permissions compatible only with Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 operating systems
- On the Directory Services Restore Mode Administrator Password page, type and confirm the password that you want to assign to the Administrator account for this server, and then click Next.
- Use this password when starting the computer in Directory Services Restore Mode.
- Review the Summary page, and then click Next to begin the installation.
- Restart your Server.
Incoming search terms:
- how to create child domain in windows server 2003 (41)
- how to install child domain in windows server 2003 (29)
- how to create child domain in server 2003 (25)
- how to configure child domain in 2003 (24)
- how to create child domain in windows server 2003 step by step (22)
- how to create child domain (17)
- how to create a child domain in windows 2003 (13)
- creating a child domain in windows server 2003 (10)
- how to create a child domain (9)
- configure child domain windows 2003 (8)