When connecting to Remote Desktop or Terminal Services using the built-in Windows client, even with “Remote computer sound” set to “Bring to this computer”, you won’t hear anything from the remote computer by default.By default,Win Server 2003 has Sound redirection disabled for Remote Desktop or Terminal Services.
Note:- In addition to the instructions below, the server (as well as the client) must have a sound card, or this will not work.
If you want to Enable Audio Mapping for Remote Desktop/Terminal Services in win 2003 follow this procedure
Go to Start—>Run
Type tscc.msc and press OK
On the left side you should see that “Connections” is selected, on the right side you should see, under the “Connection” tab, RDP-Tcp. Right click that, and press properties.
Go to the Client Settings tab, and under “Disable the following:” you will see “Audio mapping” checked. Uncheck it. Now press OK.
Incoming search terms:
- yhs-default (84)
- windows send audio throw rdp (2)
- windows server sounds remote desktop (2)
- windows 2008 rdp audio (2)
- renable rdp sound win 7 (1)
- remout desktop client для windows server 2003 (1)
- remote desktop the audio service is not running (1)
- remote desktop audio requirements (1)
- сервер audio mapping (1)
- remote audi windows (1)