You can see the System rating for your Disk changes before and after enabling/disabling Disk Write Caching
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, by default enables Disk Write Caching. However, to enable or disable Disk Write Caching,
1. Click Start, right-click Computer and select Properties.
2. In the leftpane, click Device Manager.
3. Expand Disk Drives and right-click on the disk where you need to enable or disable Disk Write Caching and click properties.
4. Click the Policies tab and check “Enable Write Caching on the device” to enable (default). To disable, uncheck the box.
5. To further improve the disk performance (needless to say, higher the risk now),
In Windows 7, check the box “Turn off Windows write-cache buffer flushing on the device”
In Windows Server 2008, “Enable Advanced Performance”
6. Click Apply and OK.
If you now rerun the System Ratng, you should see the disk scrore changed.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 disk cache (129)
- windows 7 write caching (57)
- windows 7 disk performance (45)
- enable write caching windows 7 (44)
- disk cache windows 7 (36)
- write caching windows 7 (33)
- windows 7 disk caching (32)
- Enable write caching on the disk (30)
- improve disk performance windows 7 (29)
- windows 7 write cache (28)