Turn your PC or Laptop into a Wireless hotspot with Virtual Router. Virtual Router is a free opensource software that lets you convert your Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 server into a Virtual wireless router or a hotspot by using
the built-in Virtual Wifi and Wireless Hosted Network features of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
All it needs is the Wireless device driver is certified for Windows 7. If you are unsure, click here to see a list of supported devices and their driver versions.
Virtual Router can be downloaded here and follow the wizard to complete the installation. Once installed, if you Virtual Router fails to start, it might need a reboot ( as it did to me).
when you start the Virtual Router, set the SSID, enter a password and choose the connection that you would like to share. That is the configuration you need to do and when you have entered the above, click start Virtual Router. Now, configure your device like Laptops, smartphones, Iphones to connect to the wireless hotspot you just created as normal.
It helped a great deal to me when I got stuck in a hotel with a single LAN connection. A very good utility thats yet again opensource.
Incoming search terms:
- virtual wifi router failed to start (74)
- virtual router for xp sp3 (22)
- Virtual WiFi Router (21)
- virtual wifi router for windows xp sp3 (21)
- wifi hotspot software for windows xp sp3 (16)
- virtual router for windows xp sp3 (15)
- virtual router failed to start (3)
- virtual router for windows xp (2)
- virtual router win xp (2)
- turn my laptop into a virtual wireless router (2)