Unattended installation as in previous versions of Windows Operating System and ofcourse on any other operating system is possible in Windows Server 2008.
To perform an unattended installation of Windows Server 2008,
1. Create a .xml file titled Unattend.xml by using a text editor like notepad or Windows System Image Manager. Click this link for a Sample Unattended.xml file
2. Copy the Unattend.xml file to a local drive or shared network drive.
3. Boot your computer to Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE), Windows Server 2003, or Windows XP.
4. Insert the media disk with the Server Core installation of Windows Server 2008 into your disk drive. If the auto-run Setup window appears, click Cancel.
5. At a command prompt, change to the drive that contains the installation media. Say (C:\)
6. Type the following command
where path is the path to your Unattend.xml file.
7. Allow Setup to complete.
This should do!
Incoming search terms:
- windows server 2008 unattended install (13)
- Windows 2008 unattended install (13)
- unattended installation of windows server 2008 (5)
- windows server 2008 unattend file (4)
- how to create unattended installation of windows 2008 (4)
- windows 2008 unattend xml (3)
- vhd mount unattended xml (3)
- perform unattended installation server 2008 (2)
- steps to perform unattended installation of windows server 2008 (2)
- windows unattended 2008 (2)