The Initial Configuration Tasks feature helps administrators configure a server and shorten the amount of time between operating system installation and deployment of the server in an enterprise. “Initial Configuration Tasks” allows administrators to postpone these tasks until installation is complete, meaning fewer interruptions during installation.
Initial Configuration Tasks replaces the Post-Setup Security Updates feature that was introduced in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Initial Configuration Tasks extends the functionality of Post-Setup Security Updates by guiding you through all of the tasks you must complete to configure a new server, not just those tasks that are related to security.
It opens automatically after the operating system installation process is complete and helps the administrator finish the setup and initial configuration of a new server. And yes, you can switch it off… (from install.wim via unattend.xml and/or via Group Policies).
It includes tasks such as setting the Administrator password (default: blank), changing the name of the Administrator account (default: Administrator) to improve the security of your server, joining the server to an existing domain (default: WORKGROUP), changing the name of the computer (default: random-generated), enabling Remote Desktop for the server, and enabling Windows Update (default: off) and Windows Firewall (default: on).
I have devided in to two parts
This includes Set Time Zone,Network Configuration,Set computer name
Check Part 1 Tutorial
This includes Enable windows update,Enable firewall,Add roles,Add Features,Enable Remote desktop
Check Part 2 Tutorial
Incoming search terms:
- windows server 2008 tutorial (416)
- windows server 2008 tutorial pdf (346)
- windows server 2008 tutorial for beginners pdf (263)
- windows server 2008 tutorial for beginners (183)
- server 2008 tutorial pdf (173)
- windows server 2008 pdf tutorial (159)
- windows 2008 server tutorial (137)
- windows 2008 server tutorial pdf (128)
- Windows Server 2008 Tutorials Visual and Step-by-Step (118)
- windows server 2008 tutorials (90)