If you have upgraded your Laptop from Windows Vista/XP to Windows 7 some of us will find our laptop batteries not charging. I’ve been the unfortunate to have two laptops (Dell and an Acer) do the same.
While there is no official word from Microsoft about the problem, there has been a lot of Microsoft Technet forum users complaining of this issue and there are couple of fixes one can try before replacing the batteries or A/C power adapters.
1. Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
Reinstalling the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” has solved the problem for some of the users. To do so,
1. Start – Control Panel – Hardware and Sound – Device and Printers – Device Manager.
2. Expand Batteries
3. Right-click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” and click Uninstall.
4. Now, click Action menu and select “Scan for Hardware changes”. This should identify and reinstall the component.
If this doesn’t solve the problem try the following:
2. Reinstall Battery
Close all the running applications and any open files to avoid any data loss.
1. While the laptop is still powered ON and connected to A/C power. Close the laptop lid and unplug the battery.
2. Open the lid and pull the A/C power off. This should power off the laptop.
3. Close the lid again and plug the battery back in.
4. Open the lid again and connect the power adapter and turn on the laptop.
This should get battery charging! If still no good, then contact the hardware vendor. I’ve managed to fix my both laptops with the above procedure.
Incoming search terms:
- acpi compliant control method battery windows 7 (11)
- Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery windows 7 (7)
- microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery win 7 (3)
- microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery (3)
- microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery driver windows 7 (2)
- install Microsoft acpi – compliant control method battery for dell windows 8 (2)
- microsoft acpi compliant control method battery windows 7 (2)
- reinstall windows to fix battery problem (1)
- problems with laptop battery not charging (1)
- microsoft compliant control method battery for vista (1)