When you try to shut down Windows Vista using the power button from the Start menu, it doesn’t shut down the computer. What it actually does is put your computer to sleep in a low powered state.
Change the behavior of your Windows Vista power button on the menu from sleep to Shutdown with these easy steps.
Click on Start>Control panel>Hardware and Sound
Now you need to click on “Change battery settings” Under Power Options
You have three settings you can change: Balanced(If you are using dell this would be dell recommended), Power Saver, and High Performance. Click Change Plan Settings on any of the three to customize the Power button.
Because I have a dell laptop, I have two themes: On Battery and Plugged in. Click on Change advanced power settings
Here expand Power Buttons & Lid > under Start Menu Power Button change pluged in option from sleep to shutdown and click on ok
Incoming search terms:
- change power button options (1)
- change start menu power button (1)
- Changing the Default Start Menu Power Option registry (1)
- how to change the install updates power button to sleep power button (1)
- how to customize power options in start menu in windows vista (1)
- power button option windows 7 start menu (1)
- windows change default power start menu (1)