When you try to shut down Windows Vista using the power button from the Start menu, it doesn’t shut down the computer. What it actually does is put your computer to sleep in a low powered state.
Change the behavior of your Windows Vista power button on the menu from sleep to Shutdown with these easy steps.
Click on Start>Control panel>Hardware and Sound
Now you need to click on “Change battery settings” Under Power Options
You have three settings you can change: Balanced(If you are using dell this would be dell recommended), Power Saver, and High Performance. Click Change Plan Settings on any of the three to customize the Power button.
Because I have a dell laptop, I have two themes: On Battery and Plugged in. Click on Change advanced power settings
Here expand Power Buttons & Lid > under Start Menu Power Button change pluged in option from sleep to shutdown and click on ok
Incoming search terms:
- windows server 2008 change power button action (3)
- change start menu power button disconnect (3)
- change power button action windows 2008 (2)
- windows server 2008 power button action (2)
- windows server 2008 change start menu power button (2)
- power button option (1)
- server 2008 change start menu power button action registry (1)
- server 2008 power button customize (1)
- Start menu power button in vista option (1)
- start menu vista power button download (1)