80070422 SelfUpdate Failure Software Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0×80070422
This can happen for two reasons,
1. “Windows Update” Service is disabled or not set to Automatic as Startup Type
2. “Windows Modules Installer” Service is not set to manual as Startup type.
To resolve the problem, set the Startup types to “Automatic” & “Manual” respectively. To set these
1. Click Start and search “services.msc”. this should show the services icon.
2. Right-click “Services” and select run as Administrator.
3. Once into services, in the right-pane look for “Windows update” service, right-click and select “properties”. Set Startup type as “Automatic” and start the service. Click Apply OK.
4. Similaryly, set the “Windows Modules Installer” service startup type as “manual”.
Once done, restart the computer and you should not have any problems with Windows Update.
Incoming search terms:
- WindowsUpdate_80070422 (78)
- 0x80070422 (23)
- 0x80070422 vista (21)
- windows update client failed to detect with error 0x80070422 (21)
- Service Pack installation failed with error code 0x80070422 (13)
- Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x800b010a (10)
- hata kodu 0x80070422 (8)
- fatal: isupdaterequired failed with error 0x800b010a (6)
- windows modules installer; error = 0x80070422 (5)
- error code 0x80070422 (5)