I am trying to copy big file from server hard disk to external USB hard disk and instantly i am getting the following error
Cannot copy file. The Parameter Is Incorrect Error
I tried an xcopy in dos with the same result.I have also tried to copy the same file in my server hard disk with different location and that worked too! So it was something to do with copying to the USB Hard drive.
Finally the penny dropped that my new external HDD was formatted as FAT32 and hence had a maximum file size of 4Gb.A quick reformat my USB hard disk with NTFS and I got my backups squirted across onto the external disk with no trouble.
So you need to make sure your drives are formated with FAT32 it will allow maximum file size of 4Gb so you need to make sure you have formated your external disk with NTFS.
Incoming search terms:
- the parameter is incorrect (2312)
- cannot copy the parameter is incorrect (1709)
- parameter is incorrect (1002)
- cannot copy parameter is incorrect (584)
- cannot copy file (326)
- cannot copy file the parameter is incorrect (265)
- cannot copy parameter incorrect (220)
- cannot copy file parameter is incorrect (194)
- parameter incorrect (173)
- cannot copy (132)