After installing quicktime latest version in windows vista it didn’t start.It may give you an error message saying
Error 46: Could not find or load activex control
There is an old NT utility called SubInAcl.exe that can be used to reset permissions in Windows XP and also in Vista.
Step 1: Download subinacl.msi from here and install it.
Step 2: Download modified version of reset.cmd from here and save the file in
C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools
Step 3: Open Command Prompt and type the following (hit Enter):
cd c:\program files\windows resource kits\tools
Step 4: Now type reset.cmd and hit Enter (You need to make sure you are logged in as administartor)
You will see the Command Line Tool running for some seconds. The issue should have been fixed and Quicktime should run again.
Incoming search terms:
- quicktime activex control download (142)
- quicktime error 46 (118)
- quicktime activex control (75)
- error 46 quicktime windows 7 (54)
- error 46 (50)
- error 46 quicktime (44)
- error 46 could not load or find the quicktime activex control (43)
- quicktime error 46 windows 7 (40)
- quicktime activex control windows 7 (39)
- quicktime activex (39)