In Windows Vista, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
• The Hibernate option is not available in the Start menu power options menu.
• The Hibernate option is not available in the Shut Down Windows dialog box.
Note To open the Shut Down Windows dialog box, press ALT+F4.
• The Hibernate option is not available on the power button menu that appears on the secure desktop.
This issue occurs if one of the following cases
• The Disk Cleanup Utility and has been used to delete the Hibernation File Cleaner.
• The computer does not support the hibernation feature.
• The hibernation feature is disabled.
• The Hybrid Sleep feature is enabled.
The Hybrid Sleep feature puts the computer to sleep and generates a hibernation file when the user chooses the Sleep option in any of the power option menus. Therefore, Hibernate does not appear as a power option when Hybrid Sleep is enabled.
To resolve this issue, use the PowerCfg command-line tool to enable the hibernation feature. To do this, follow these steps.
Note :-If the computer does not support the hibernation feature, you cannot enable the feature. For information about how to use the PowerCfg tool to determine whether the computer supports the hibernation feature, see the “More Information” section.
Click Start, type command in the Start Search box, right-click Command Prompt in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
At the command prompt, type powercfg /hibernate on
That’s it now your Hibernate option should be available
Incoming search terms:
- hibernate not available in windows 7 start menu (1)
- hibernate not available windows 7 (1)
- hybernate windows 8 1 not available (1)
- power options settings hibernate not available (1)
- show hibernate windows 8 not available (1)
- why is hibernate not available in windows 8 (1)
- win xp suspend and hibernate not available (1)