When you try to change the Hosts file or the Lmhosts file in Microsoft Windows Vista, you may receive an error message that resembles either of the following.
Error message 1
Access to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ hosts was denied
Error message 2
Cannot create the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
Make sure that the path and file name are correct.
This issue occurs even though you log on by using an account that has administrative credentials.
Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Notepad, and then click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
Open the Hosts file or the Lmhosts file, make the necessary changes, and then click Save on the Edit menu.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 hosts file access denied (28)
- hosts file access denied (14)
- windows 7 edit hosts file access denied (11)
- hosts file access (2)
- access denied on etc/hosts file on windows XP (2)
- hosts access denied (2)
- host file access denied (2)
- how to fix Lmhosts File in xp (1)
- how to edit hosts file in windows 8 pro access denied (1)
- how to edit host file access denaid (1)