If you have a folder that you'd like to be able to open quickly and easily whenever you want.If you create a keyboard shortcut for that folder, you can open it any time by pressing a key combination, no matter which other programs you have open.
To create a keyboard shortcut to open a folder follow this procedure
1. Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
2. In Windows Explorer (the program that appears when you open folders such as My Computer, My Documents, My Pictures, or My Music), right-click the folder to which you want instant access, click Send To, and then click Desktop.
3. On your desktop, right-click the new shortcut,
and then click Properties.
4. On the Shortcut tab, click in the Shortcut key box. Now press the letter on your keyboard that you want to use to open the folder and click ok
Note: In the Shortcut key box, Microsoft Windows Vista/XP automatically adds CTRL+ALT before the key you press, because to use the shortcut to open a folder, you have to hold down both the CTRL and ALT keys simultaneously, while pressing the letter you chose. This way, your folder won't open every time you type that letter.
5. Now test your shortcut. Hold down the CTRL and ALT keys, and then press the letter you chose.
This tip can be applied to folders, programs, and text file shortcuts that are placed on the desktop.
Incoming search terms:
- windows shortcuts open folder (2)
- how to open my documents with keyboard (2)
- windows 7 set hotkey to open document or folder (1)
- shortcut key for my documents folder (1)
- shortcut key for my documents (1)
- shortcut in windows to open documents folder (1)
- open my document shortcut key (1)
- my documents keyboard shortcut (1)
- keyboard shortcut to documents folder (1)
- keyboard shortcut open documents (1)