One of the administrative tools in Microsoft Management Console, Event Viewer maintains logs about program, security, and system events on your computer. You can use Event Viewer to view and manage the event logs, gather information about hardware and software problems, and monitor Windows security events.
If Event Viewer reports on startup that one or more of your log files is corrupt, you can remedy the situation as follows
1.Open the Event Viewer.
2.Rightclick on the corrupt log in the left pane and click Properties.
3.Click the Clear button in the Properties dialog box.
You cannot delete or rename the log files while the Event Log service is running.
Incoming search terms:
- the event log file is corrupt (12)
- windows 7 open corrupt eventlog (2)
- corrupt $TxFRM log file in vista (1)
- HOW TO FIX CORRUPT EVENT LOG (1)
- how to fix corrupt event logs (1)
- how to fix windows xp corrupted security log (1)
- rebuild event log files (1)
- recreate security event log windows 2008 (1)
- repair corrupt event log (1)
- windows xp opening corrupted external system event logs (1)