One of the administrative tools in Microsoft Management Console, Event Viewer maintains logs about program, security, and system events on your computer. You can use Event Viewer to view and manage the event logs, gather information about hardware and software problems, and monitor Windows security events.
If Event Viewer reports on startup that one or more of your log files is corrupt, you can remedy the situation as follows
1.Open the Event Viewer.
2.Rightclick on the corrupt log in the left pane and click Properties.
3.Click the Clear button in the Properties dialog box.
You cannot delete or rename the log files while the Event Log service is running.
Incoming search terms:
- the event log file is corrupt (10)
- windows security log corrupt (3)
- how to troubleshoot event log corruption (2)
- fix loi event log is corrupt (2)
- what is a corrupt log file in the XP Event Viewer? (2)
- file is corrupt (2)
- repair event log service (1)
- repair xp event viewer (1)
- repair event log is corrupt xp (1)
- repair corrupt windows 2003 event log (1)