Windows vista is having built in partition resize tool which will allow us to Resize a Partition in Vista.
Procedure to follow
- Click on Start Button.
- Right click on Computer and select Manage.
- If you happen to get an User Account Control[UAC] dialog now – just click Continue.
- On the left pane, expand the Storage category and click on Disk Management.
- Now, you’ll find all the partitions of your computer listed out. Right click on the partition you’d like to modify(Lets say d:).
- Select the option Extend Volume or Shrink Volume (Extend – to increase the size or Shrink to reduce the size) of the selected partition.