Windows Vista changed the location where you can modify the folder and file display settings. While before you could access these settings within any folder, in Windows Vista you need to use the Folder Options control panel in order to modify how folders, and the files in them, are displayed.
Follow these steps to view hidden files and folders in vista
Click on the Start>Control Panel menu option.
Click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
Click the View tab, and then you should select the radio button labeled “Show hidden files and folders” in the list.
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files. Once this is done, your Folder Options screen should look similar to the following image. Click apply and ok
Incoming search terms:
- display hidden folders Windows 2008 (2)
- windows server 2008 view hidden files (2)
- show hidden files windows server 2008 (2)
- windows 2008 hidden folders (2)
- copy hidden files and folders windows 2008 r2 (1)
- view hidden files in windows server 2008 (1)
- view hidden files windows 2008 (1)
- windows 2008r2 how to view system files (1)
- windows server 2008 show hidden folder (1)
- windows server 2008 show hidden folders (1)