When you right-click a file, you see the ‘Open With’ command. Whenever you use any program to open such a file, it gets added to this list, as Windows remembers that you had used it once; if if you were UNABLE to use it for opening that particular file type. If you find too many such unwanted programs in that list, you can remove them with some registry editing.
Open registry editor go to Start—>Run type regedit click ok
Now you need to navigate to the following registry key from left pane
Here .ext is the file extension for the file type whose ‘Open With’ list you wish to edit.
Now, just delete the value in this key, that represents the program to be removed, from the ‘Open With’ list.
Incoming search terms:
- windows vista how to remove programs from the open with list (2)
- remove program from open with list vista (2)
- Vista Open With (2)
- vista registry edit to remove opens with (2)
- right click open with wrong windows 8 (1)
- vista delete open with (1)
- vista how to list open programs (1)
- win7 open with editor (1)
- win7 remove open with list (1)
- windows 2008 remove from open with list (1)