I have a hundred pictures and I want to rename them in vista how i do this.If you want to rename group of files in vista follow this procedure
First select a group of files you want to rename.
Press F2 (Rename), and type a new name. The files are all renamed using that name, but each file after the first has a number added a la (1), (2), etc.
If you want to undo rename file follow this
Click Edit—>Undo Rename. The file are restored to their original names.
If you Click Edit—>Redo Rename. All but one of the files disappear – they are permanently gone. So be carefull while doing this.
This is not a bug for the following situation
I have a hundred pictures and I want to rename them with the same name with
1-2-3 and so on.
Incoming search terms:
- group rename of files (1)
- rename multiple files problem out of order of date (1) (2) vista (1)
- rename a group of files in windows 7 to reverse the order (1)
- problem with renaming files which disappear in windows 8 explorer (1)
- keeping pictures in date order after renaming on Windows 8 (1)
- how to rename pictures in order on vista (1)
- How to rename picture files in sequence (1)
- how to rename a group of files -mac -linux (1)
- how to group rename files vista (1)
- group tagging files vista (1)