If you accidentally deleted the Show Desktop icon from his quick launch toolbar no problem use the following procedure to restore the show desktop icon. This useful little icon minimizes all open windows so you can get to your desktop quickly.
To restore the scirpt and icon follow this procedure
Click Start, point to All Programs, Accessories, and click Note pad.
Now save the file in the following
Launchand with the name Show Destop.scf
Note: The %UserProfile% is a variable that designates where the users profile resides. For most this will be C:\Users\username but if you want to know for sure go to a command prompt and use the set userprofile command which will return the correct path.
open up explorer and then type in the following into the address bar:
Now just unzip the file and copy it into the folder, and you’ll have the show desktop shortcut back (the one with the real icon)
Download Showdesktop Icon
Incoming search terms:
- shell:quick launch (68)
- restore show desktop icon vista (22)
- show desktop vista (20)
- how to restore show desktop icon in vista (16)
- shell quick launch (15)
- show desktop icon vista quick launch (10)
- show desktop icon vista (9)
- windows 2008 show desktop icon (8)
- desktop quick launch vista (8)
- add show desktop to quick launch vista (8)