To resolve this problem make the following changes in your Windows 7 system and the mac.
On Windows 7
Change the LAN Manager Authentication level and Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based clients settings from Local Group Policy editor
1. Click Start – search for “gpedit.msc” and press enter. This should launch the Local Group Policy Editor.
2. In the left pane navigate to “Local Computer Policy – Computer Configuration – Windows Settings – Security Settings – Local Policies – Security Options“
3. In the rightpane look for “Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level”, double-click and change its default value to “Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session if negotiated“. Click Apply and OK.
On MAC in file sharing, click options and check the box “Share using SMB“.
This should resolve the problem.
Incoming search terms:
- ntlmv2 windows 7 (6)
- access mac from windows 7 (5)
- unable to access mac from pc windows 7 (3)
- access mac files on windows 7 (2)
- access mac from windows 8 (2)
- lan manager in windows 7 (2)
- unable to access files on mac system from windows 8 (1)
- unable to acces mac form windows 7 (1)
- unable to access mac from windows 7 (1)
- unable to access of windows 7 files from mac (1)