After installing Windows XP Service Pack 3, you will find the “Address” option in right-click Windows Taskbar – Toolbars is missing from the available options.
Before installing SP3
After installing SP3
This is not a bug or a problem by installing SP3 on your computer. It’s just that Microsoft has delibrately removed the option for legal requirements. To cut a long story short, the Anti-trust rulings against microsoft indicates that it is anti-competetive to integrate Internet Explorer so much into the system that alternate browsers are not considered by users.
However, you can workaround this. All you need to do is copy the file browseui.dll from your original Windows XP or Windows XP SP2 disk into C:\Windows\system32 folder replacing the newest version of the file installed by Windows XP SP3.
Alternatively, you can download the file from here, Browseui.dll file download in ZIP format. I’ve uploaded a copy of the file from my Windows XP SP2 installation.
This should help.
Incoming search terms:
- address bar disappeared xp (1)
- address bar windows xp missing (1)
- missing address toolbar in taskbar (1)
- missing http address toolbar (1)
- missing search bar in latest Windows Explorer (1)
- what folder do i find the browseui dll file windows 2009 sp3 (1)
- win 7 address bar missing after restart (1)
- XP address bar missing (1)
- сайт бар windows xp (1)