We have already posted how to open multiple programs at once now we will see how to close multiple programs at once using simple bacth file.This is very useful tip for all users instead of closing each application you can close multiple applications at once.
Open notepad from Start>Run type notepad click ok
Now you need to find the filename of the programs you want to close. You can do this by open up the Task Manager. Do this by right-clicking on the Taskbar and choosing the Task Manager option. Then look for the filename of the program you want to close.
Now you’ll need to use the taskkill command in Notepad, along with the filenames from above step Each command will look like this
taskkill /f /im FileZilla.exe
taskkill /f /im firefox.exe
taskkill /f /im mspaint.exe
/f – Specifies that process(es) be forcefully terminated.
/im – Specifies the image name of the process to be terminated.
Now you need to save this file as a .BAT file by manually entering in the extension at the end of the file name.
Double-click on the new batch file that you just created to test . Each program listed will be closed forcefully.
If you don’t want to close forefully just remove /f in the above commands
The batch file will begood enough to skip over any applications that are currently not running. So you can put all of those extra programs in the batch file.
Incoming search terms:
- Close All Programs at Once (2)
- how to Close multiple programs at once (2)
- bat taskkill autocad (1)
- how to close multiple processes windows (1)
- how to close two programs at once (1)
- how to closed multiple applications at once in windows (1)
- how to exit mulitple programs at once (1)
- taskkill multiple processes at once (1)
- taskkill status batch (1)
- windows 7 how to close several windows at once (1)