Did you know that Windows by default holds a cache of the temporary internet files for 7 days? This means, when you run Windows Disk Cleanup utility the temporary internet files for the last seven days will not be cleaned up.
While this for sure is not a show stopper, it certainly is an annoyance. As ever, Windows registry is the place to look at and you can actually increase or decrease this caching days.
To change the Temporary Internet Files caching,
1. Click Start – Run, type “regedit” and press enter.
2. Once in, navigate to the following registry key:
In the right-pane, look for the DWORD “LastAccess” and set the value to “0″ from “7″ to not to cache the temporary internet files or change to a value as per your need.
This should help!!!
Incoming search terms:
- disable temporary internet files (29)
- volume cache regedit (5)
- disable temporary internet files in win 7 registry (3)
- is it safe to delete volume cache regedit (1)
- java cache regedit (1)
- stateflags regedit (1)
- turn off caching to temporary internet files (1)
- turn off caching to temporary internet files windows server 2008 (1)
- turn off temporary internet files ? (1)
- C:\Users\BIV5\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\OLKB7AB\Порадуй себя дедом морозом zip\ (1)