Windows Vista reads from a cache on your hard drive and writes directly to the hard drive, bypassing the cache. Reading and writing from your hard drive’s cache is much faster than from it’s platters. When you enable advanced performance on your hard drive it reads and writes from your hard drive’s cache making some operations faster.
Caution: It’s only recommended to enable advanced performance on laptops or computers with redundant power supplies or battery backups. If your computer suddenly looses power you could corrupt or lose data.
Enable Advanced Performance option with the following procedure
Click start>Right-click Computer>properties
Click Device Manager on the left pane
In the Device Manager window Expand Disk Drives
Right-click a hard drive under Disk Drives and select Properties.
Click on the Policies tab and Check off Enable advanced performance click ok
Restart your computer.
Incoming search terms:
- enable advanced performance vista (6)
- enable advanced performance (3)
- sata enable advanced performance (2)
- enabling sata hard drive advanced performance windows 7 (2)
- Advanced Hard Disk Performance (1)
- enabling a sata hard drive (1)
- Hard Drive Advance performance (1)
- how risky is enable advanced performance (1)
- how to activate hard drive in vista (1)
- how to turn on advanced performance for the hard drive in vista (1)