UNREGMP2.EXE – entry point not found, the Procedure entry point GETIUMS could not be located in the Dynamic link library MSDART.DLL.
You could come across this issue when you install Windows XP (clean install or Repair install). This occurs only when you install the original Windows XP (without service packs)
To fix this problem, use a Windows XP installation disk with a Service Pack (SP1 or SP2) or try the following in order (proceed to next solution, only if the previous fails):
1. Press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
2. Type Taskmgr.exe in the DOS window and press enter. This will open the Task Manager.
NOTE: If this doesn’t work, try CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
4. In the Task Manager, select the error message window in the Application list and click End Task.
5. Click the Processes tab and select the process UNREGMP2.EXE and click End Process.
6. Exit the Command Prompt and resume the installation process.
This should help.
Hold the CTRL key and keep clicking the OK button on the UNREGMP2.EXE error message. To be honest, this may take from a few clicks to a couple hundreds of clicks. Hence, have patience to get rid of this error.
Another solution would be to start the computer with the Windows XP CD and get to the Recovery Console and rename the MSDART.DLL file (to say MSDART.DLL.OLD).
To do this,
1. Logon to the Recovery Console. Click Here to find how to log onto Recovery Console.
2. Once in, type
RENAME %SYSTEMROOT%SYSTEM32MSDART.DLL %SYSTEMROOT%SYSTEM32MSDART.DLL.OLD
3. Type Exit to exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer.
This should fix the problem. As I said earlier, this problem is later fixed in Windows XP SP1 so if you are using Windows XP installation CD with a Service Pack (SP1 or SP2) then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Incoming search terms:
- cod2mp_s exe entry point not found (20)
- unregmp2 exe (18)
- unregmp2 exe entry point not found (15)
- unregmp2 exe application error (14)
- entry point not found (6)
- unregmp2 (3)
- Fix Entry Point Not Found (2)
- how do i fix entry point not found on win xp (2)
- entry point error windows xp (2)
- how to fix entry point not found messages (2)