Windows stores commonly used icons in a cache to speed up display. If your icons are displaying incorrectly follow this procedure to fix this.
Open My Computer double click on c: drive go to \Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data directory
look for IconCache.db file and delete.
Reboot and the file will be recreated, and should resolve any icon that was incorrectly displayed.
Incoming search terms:
- icons not displaying correctly xp (13)
- fix icons xp (10)
- repair icons xp (7)
- icon not displaying correctly xp (6)
- icons not showing properly xp (4)
- fix incorrectly displayed icons win xp (4)
- shortcut icon not showing in xp (3)
- ms office icons not showing properly (2)
- icons not displaying properly windows xp (2)
- ms office icons not showing properly in windows xp (2)