If you use the Map Network Drive in Windows XP, you probably have a lot of network paths displaying in the Most Recently Used list. If so, you may at some point in time want to clear that list — especially if it contains UNC paths that you no longer use.
You need to follow this procedure as follows
Go to start–>Run–>type regedit click ok
Navigate the following key from left pane
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Map Network Drive MRU.
One-by-one, delete each string value associated with a drive mapping by selecting it and pressing the Delete key.
Double-click on the entry titled MRUList to open the Edit String dialog box.
Delete the text in the Value Data text box and click OK.Close the Registry Editor and restart Windows.
Using Freeware Tools
Incoming search terms:
- clear mapped drive cache (56)
- clear map drive cache (25)
- how to clear mapped network drive cache (17)
- clear network drive cache (15)
- map network drive mru (14)
- clear drive mapping cache (13)
- how to clear drive mapping cache (12)
- clear map network drive cache (11)
- clear map network drive history windows 7 (10)
- clear mapped network drive cache (10)