If your hard drive is formatted in NTFS and you need to reformat the drive to use either FAT or FAT32 all you need to do is insert your Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM, reboot your system and follow the instructions below:
After restarting your PC the Windows Setup will begin
At the Welcome to Setup screen press F10
Pressing F10 opens the Recovery Console. This is a DOS based screen so you need to first specify the operating system location, i.e. C: Drive and then log in as using your Administrator Password.
After logging in type map and then press Enter
Highlight the drive you want to reformat. Drive letters may differ in recovery console to those in windows xp
Type format x: /fs:fat32 Substitute the ‘x’ for the drive letter you wish to reformat and then press Enter.
Confirm your choice by typing Y and then pressing Enter
Once the hard drive has finished formatting type Exit and then press Enter to restart your computer.
Incoming search terms:
- convert ntfs to fat32 (110)
- ntfs to fat32 cmd (102)
- convert ntfs to fat32 cmd (97)
- how to convert ntfs to fat32 (69)
- ntfs to fat32 windows xp (65)
- convert ntfs to fat32 windows xp (62)
- convert ntfs to fat32 command (60)
- how to convert ntfs to fat32 in windows xp (55)
- how to convert ntfs to fat32 in xp (39)
- cmd ntfs to fat32 (33)