Sometimes, the OEMs do not install the Windows Recovery Console when Windows is pre-built on your PCs. Windows Recovery Console can help solve some those critical operating system problems and windows startup issues.
To install Windows Recover Console, in the event it is not installed, please try the following:
1. Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM drive.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type D:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons where d is the drive letter for the CD-ROM drive.
4. A Windows Setup Dialog Box appears, which describes the Recovery Console option. The system prompts you to confirm installation. Click Yes to start the installation procedure.
5. Restart the computer. The next time you start your computer, you will see a “Microsoft Windows Recovery Console” entry on the boot menu.