Microsoft Windows XP includes the On-Screen Keyboard for those who prefer using a mouse or other pointing device (rather than a physical keyboard) to enter text.You can start the On-Screen Keyboard using the Start menu. If you use the On-Screen Keyboard regularly, add a shortcut to your desktop to make it easier to open.
Start the On-Screen Keyboard
- To launch the On-Screen Keyboard click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Accessibility, and then On-Screen Keyboard.
- The On-Screen Keyboard and On-Screen Keyboard dialog box appear. Click OK.
- You can now use the On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the buttons with your mouse. To hold down the SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT keys, just click them once, and the keys will stay pressed until you click the next key.
Create a desktop shortcut for the On-Screen Keyboard
- Right-click your desktop, point to New, and click Shortcut.
- In the location f
ield, type osk. Then click Next.Type On-Screen Keyboard. Then, click Finish.The shortcut to the On-Screen Keyboard utility is on your desktop.
How to change the typing mode
On-Screen Keyboard has three different modes
- Clicking mode. This is the default mode in which you use a mouse or other pointing device to click keys.
- Hovering mode. You use a mouse or joystick to point to a key for a predefined period of time, and the selected character is typed automatically.
- Scanning mode. On-Screen Keyboard continually scans the keyboard and highlights areas where you can type keyboard characters by pressing a keyboard shortcut or by using a switch-input device.
To change typing mode
- Click the Settings menu, and then click Typing Mode.
- In the Typing Mode dialog box, click your preferred method of selecting keys. Then, click OK.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 2003 on screen keyboard (30)
- on screen keyboard server 2003 (17)
- on screen keyboard windows server 2003 (17)
- on screen keyboard windows 2003 (15)
- windows server on screen keyboard (11)
- windows 2003 virtual keyboard (8)
- virtual keyboard windows server 2003 (4)
- windows server 2003 login osk (3)
- windows server 2003 onscreen keyboard (3)
- windows server 2003 virtual keyboard (3)