If you want to View nonpresent devices in Windows XP’s Device Manager follow this procedure
- Go to Start, right-click My Computer, and select Properties.
- In the System Properties dialog box, select the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables button.
- In the Environment Variables dialog box, locate the System Variables panel and click New.
- In the New System Variable dialog box, type DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES in the Variable Name text box and type 1 in the Variable Value text box.
- Click OK twice.
- To view the nonpresent devices, go to Start, right-click My Computer, and select Manage.
- Click Device Manager, pull down the View menu, and select Show Hidden Devices.
Incoming search terms:
- show non present devices xp (35)
- show_nonpresent_devices (12)
- xp show non present devices (11)
- devmgr show non present devices (4)
- windows xp show nonpresent devices (1)
- windows view devices (1)
- windows 7 show absent devices (1)
- vista show nonpresent devices (1)
- show_nopresent (1)
- show nonpresent devices xp (1)