Microsoft has made the new MMC interface developed for Windows Vista available for Windows XP. Version 3.0 of the MMC application provides more functionality for snap-ins than prior versions and sports a smoother-looking user interface that makes it much easier to create and use consoles.
Microsoft Management Console 3.0 reduces the cost of administering Windows-based applications by providing an easy-to-learn, consistent, and integrated console that hosts a variety of Windows and non-Microsoft administrative tools. For IT administrators, MMC 3.0 has better performance, reliability, and discoverability of context-sensitive actions. For developers, MMC 3.0 reduces the cost associated with developing snap-ins by requiring less code and design time to develop snap-ins.
One of the biggest changes in MMC 3.0 for Windows XP is the new Add or Remove Snap-ins interface. Instead of having to use a tedious procedure that involves two separate dialog boxes to build a custom console, the new MMC 3.0 provides a single dialog box that makes it much easier to create custom consoles.
Procedure to follow
1) Download the MMC 3.0 for windows XP from here
2) After locating you have WindowsXP-KB907265-x86-ENU.exe file double click and click on run this should launch the MMC 3.0 installation wizard.
3) After completing your installation you need to open registry editor from Start—>Run type regedit click ok
4) Now you need to Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC from left navigation.
5) Right-click the MMC subkey and select New | Key from right navigation.
6) Name the key UseNewUI and press [Enter].
7) Close the Registry Editor.
That’s it from now when you launch MMC.exe from the Run dialog box, you’ll be able to take advantage of the new Add or Remove Snap-ins interface. You simply scroll through the available snap-ins in the left panel and click the Add button to build your custom console in the right panel.