If you want to Increase your internet bandwidth by more than 20% in XP follow this procedure
1.make sure your logged on as actually “Administrator”.
2. start – run – type gpedit.msc
3. expand the “local computer policy” branch
4. expand the “administrative templates” branch
5. expand the “network” branch
6. Highlight the “QoS Packet Scheduler” in left window
7. in right window double click the “limit reservable bandwidth” setting
8. on setting tab check the “enabled” item
9. where it says “Bandwidth limit %” change it to read 0
10. go to your Network connections (start->connect to->show all connections).
right click on your connection then under the General or the Networking tab
(where it lists your protocols) make sure QoS packet scheduler is enabled.
11. reboot if you want to but not necessary on some systems your all done.
Incoming search terms:
- how to increase internet speed in xp sp3 (25)
- how to force windows to use 100% of your network bandwidth (8)
- increase bandwidth windows 8 (3)
- force windows to use more bandwidth (3)
- Speed up bandwidth in IE8 on XP SP3 (2)
- how to force windows xp to use all network bandwidth (2)
- increase internet speed windows xp3 (1)
- increase internet speed xp sp3 (1)
- more bandwidth xp (1)
- sp3 20% internet speed up (1)