To resolve the problem open the C:\windows\system32 folder and rename the file msxml4.dll to msxml4.orig.
You can do the same from command line as follows:
1. click Start – Run and type “cmd”
2. Run the following command and ignore any error messages.
c:\> ren %windir%\System32\msxml4.dll msxml4.orig
Now, manually download and install the KB936181 from here to fix the problem.
Incoming search terms:
- kb936181 (8)
- MSXML 4 0 SP2 (KB954430) (4)
- kb936181 install repeatedly for windows xp (4)
- win xp sp3 internal error reading (1)
- windows 7 view installed updates empty list (1)
- windows xp installer update (1)
- 936181 (1)
- xp-sp3 installation error 0x87ff054f fix (1)
- скать msml 4 0 (1)
- shat is MSXML4 0SP2 (KB936181? (1)